You’ve decided to finish your basement and regain that lost and unused square footage, but what should you do with it in Chicago? At Maya Construction, we can turn your wildest basement dreams into reality. You could turn your basement into anything you want! Here are some of our suggestions for want you can do with your newfound space.
Our basement remodeling work:
Chicago basement remodeling project
Basement remodel in Plainfield
Completely renovated a Deerfield basement
Turning your basement into a man cave will almost always be the first suggestion from the husband when talks of renovation begin. Create space for all of his manly things, maybe then he’ll stop suggesting you put a bear rug in the dining room.
Playtime is critical to child development. Unfortunately, playtime usually comes with loud noises and toys all over the floor. Give your child the play they need while also making sure your house stays nice and clean by turning your basement into the perfect playroom.
Crafting can get really, really messy and when you’re in the middle of a project, sometimes cleaning up all the pieces can lead to a complete halt of progress. Never be required to clear the table for dinner or clean the floor for guests again by turning your unfinished basement into a cozy crafting area.
Yes, you’ve got a perfectly good TV upstairs in the family room, but let’s be real, some movies just HAVE to be watched on the big screen. A movie theater space will also be great for sleepovers for the kids and watching your favorite sports.
- No kids allowed. Sometimes, you just have to relax. Unwind after a long day with the help of your new basement bar. This area is also perfect for hosting that wine and cheese party you always talk about.
- Did you know thinking about going to the gym burns between 0 and 0 calories? Remove all excuses by putting in a home gym! Whether you’re a runner, yogi, or cross-fitter, a home gym space will help you get stronger and leaner all from the comfort of your own home. Also, because it’s in the basement, you remove daily distractions and focus on your workout.
- Just because you own a house, doesn’t mean you have to stop being a kid. Use your new space to build the game room you’ve always wanted! Line the walls with the arcade games from your childhood or set up poker and pool tables. Regardless of how you like to play, you are sure to blow off some steam in this whimsical room.
- Working at home can be a challenge. There are so many distractions from kids to pets to using housework to avoid your professional work. By creating a home office space in your basement, you are giving yourself a quiet, distraction-free space to be productive.
- Having guests can be great unless you don’t have a place to put them. Give your guests their own space without having to sacrifice your own and use that basement space to build the perfect guest room.
- While some things can be stored in the hot, humid attic or the cold, wet garage, your grandmother’s wedding dress or father’s photo albums probably shouldn’t be included in that list. Create a safe storage environment for your most precious keepsakes by
- with sturdy shelving units to store everything you love.
Whatever the size of your basement, there’s always a way for you to turn it into usable, enjoyable space. Call Maya Construction today at (773) 305-5789 for a remodeling estimate on your dream basement.
Maya Construction Group – your remodeling company in Chicago.